The Disney Cruise Line is highly honored by the cruise industry, winning over 50 awards since it's launch in 1998. From operations to dining and entertainment, youth activities and spa facilities DCL continues to be a notch above with it's high end facilities and entertainment. Read on for the list of 2011 honors given to the Disney Cruise Line. As usual, Disney's vision and standards have created a family travel experience that is both luxurious and family friendly. It's no wonder that I'm just dying to get back on board!
- Travel + Leisure magazine ranked Disney Cruise Line the No. 1 Large-Ship Cruise Line for Families and the No. 4 Large Ship Cruise Line overall.
- Condé Nast Traveler magazine recognized Disney Cruise Line as the No. 3 Medium-Sized Cruise Line.
- Cruise Critic recognized the Disney Dream with awards for “Best New Ship” and “Best Inside Cabins” as well as the entire Disney fleet for “Best Standard Cabins.”
- Porthole Cruise Magazine named Disney Cruise Line “Best Entertainment,” “Most Family-Oriented Line” and “Best Children’s Programs.”
- The Themed Entertainment Association awarded Disney Cruise Line the “Ingenious Use of Technology” award for the new “Animation Magic” show at Animator’s Palate on the Disney Fantasy.
- Travel Age West awarded Disney Cruise Line an Editor’s Pick award for “Cruise Line Providing the Highest Client Satisfaction (Big Ship)” as part of the 2011 WAVE (Western Agents’ Vote of Excellence) Awards.
- A 2011 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Award was given to the Disney Wonder for “Best for Entertainment” in the mid-sized ship category.
- The World Waterpark Association presented an Innovation Award to Disney Cruise Line for the AquaDuck.
- Cruise International magazine gave Disney Cruise Line the “Best for Kids” award.